Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why Ill Always Love the North West Province

  • Having come across my love for local house music here.
  • Suncity.
  • Evening walks in Kloof with a friend.
  • Zanzibar (a dodgy club with the worst music and strangest patrons but the company was always good).
  • Waking up and seeing a small buck outside my window.
  • The sound of baboons jumping on my roof in the morning (at first I was afraid but eventually I found it rather comforting).
  • The frequent good hair days (the air is so dry it keeps frizz prone hair tamer for longer).
  • Amusing locals strange dress sense, choice of hair colour or backward way of thinking (some days I felt as if I was in movie, a movie set in America but prior to Martin Luther King's time).
  • Tasting pap for the first time and liking it (pap tert is a real winner).
  • Camping in the wilderness and choosing to sleep outside the tent.
  • Huge ass baboon spiders taking residence on my pillow and forcing my roommate and I to laugh in the face of danger.
  • Learning and enjoying Tswana culture and people.
  • Mocktails at Piattos.
  • My first game drive.
  • Pick-a-pancake.
  • Seeing the mountain, a few metres above my house, ablaze. 
  • The most beautiful winter sunrises (this counts for much because I'm from Cape Town and I have seen my fair share of beauty).
  • The incredible friends I made.

That's all.

3 comments: