Monday, April 18, 2011

The Failed Magician

Its strange how siblings from the same parents can have such markedly different personalities. Since I was a young child I have always been an introvert by nature, my sister on the other hand was a born performer. Anyway, we were both given a chance to express our individuality.

The idea of performing in front of an audience petrified me but I thoroughly enjoyed putting on a show for my immediate family. Even if have to say so myself, I could do a mean Mr Bean impersonation and I was quite the impressive magician.

During one of my performances I magnificently executed my 'Cut the Doll in Half' act and left everyone, especially my little sister, astounded. She couldn't fathom how after putting a paper doll in an envelope and cutting it in half with a scissors, the doll was still left in one piece. She secretly decided she had to try this one out for herself...

As I entered my bedroom later that evening I found my doll laying on my bed with a handkerchief suspiciously placed across her waist. On closer inspection I found that my beloved doll had been cut in half and the handkerchief was strategically placed across her middle to conceal this.


As you can imagine I never left my sister alone with my magic set again.




That's all.

3 comments: