Monday, April 4, 2011

Was Lost but Now I'm Found

I must admit I have one very big flaw. I have no sense of direction or position in space at all! In my defense it is hereditary, my father has the same problem.
Let me describe a few occasions when I have lost myself:
  • I misplaced myself in a shopping mall once. I tried to use the Post Office as a landmark but that didn't work out so well as I confused it with a Post Net. People had to literally send out a search party for me. 
  • I attempted to show some friends, from out of town, where Access Park was. We ended up in Belville. All the free ways in Cape Town look the same ok!
  • I lost my car in the airport parking lot once, for nearly an hour. I found it eventually on a level above me. Who would have guessed that all the parking levels look identical...
Thankfully and coincidentally, just as society agreed to let me on the road an assistive device became available to compensate for my impairment. It is called a global positioning system (a.k.a GPS). I only get lost 63.333% of the time now. "Keep left but stay in the right lane" gets me every time! It also doesn't help much in malls or parking lots. Stupid GPS!


That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment