Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Family Heirloom

I received a phone call around 22h00 one evening from my grandmother. At first I was concerned something was wrong but I soon learnt that my grandmother had only called to tell me she had something to give me that belonged to my late grandfather. My grandfather had passed away a couple of months ago and my grandmother has since been giving each family member something special in remembrance of him. My grandmother told me that before my grandfather had died, they had discussed this specific heirloom and they had both agreed it reminded them of me and I would love it.


This is what my beloved grandfather left me:




Just in case you can't make out what it is, it is a skunk/squirrel tail key ring. I am not exactly sure why this reminded my grandparents of me, and I will probably never use it as a key ring, but I do love it and will keep it forever!


(The key ring is currently taking residence in my mother's car until I go home to collect it. She fears it will trigger her allergies should she take it into the house).


That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment