Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Creative Defaulter


Patient: Hi


OT: Hi DJ! Where have you been?! You have missed your appointments for the last 4 months!


Patient: I've been busy.


OT: Busy doing what?


Patient: I took up swimming.


OT: Swimming... OK good, can we make an appointment for you for next month?


Patient: I'm sort of occupied.


OT: Are you coming to collect medication next month?


Patient: Yes.


OT: OK so on that day you won't be occupied. Come and see me after you collect your medication.


Patient: The thing is I normally see Mishka.


OT: Mishka stopped working here nearly a year ago. You know that. You have been coming to see me for months now.


Patient: After Mishka left I used to see Lauren.


OT: There has never been a therapist by the name of Lauren that worked here. DJ are you trying to avoid me because I make you work hard in therapy and don't accept excuses?


Patient: No


OT: OK. Ill see you next month then :-). What time can I expect you?


Patient: Ummm...


OT: ( Looks at patient's appointment card). You can come and see me at 08h30.


Patient: Make it 09h00.


OT: But you are collecting your medication at 08h00. You know you normally come to me after you put your card in the box, so let's make it at 08h30.


Patient: Ill see you at at 09h00.


OT: (Sigh)


Lets hope DJ pitches for his appointment tomorrow.


That's all.

3 comments: