Monday, July 25, 2011

Times I Tasted a Shoe

  • When I described catheters as being lovely.
  • When I used the words bacon and gangrene in the same sentence at the dinner table.
  • Describing milk on the verge of going sour as "it being dry, but you can drink it, but not really".
  • When I refused to believe a patient named George* was actually George* when he looked more like a Georgina.
  • Complaining when I needed to put another hole in a friend's belt that was much too large for me.
  • When talking to a colleague about suicidal patients that had missed their appointments and saying "I hoped they hadn't taken the easy way out".
  • When I honestly believed the lyrics of a popular song were "sweet dreams are made of cheese".
*Name has been changed.

That's all.

2 comments:

  1. I still agree with the fact that catheters are lovely and stoma's the next best thing...

    ReplyDelete